The Embassy of the People’s Republic of China do not accept cash payment for visa/ passport/ notarization/ authentification fees. Applicants are kindly required to:
1)Do deposit or bank transfer into our account in FNB;
2)Pay through a speed point machine in our office at collection window;
3)Pay by cheque in our office at collection window (cheque payment are not recommended because the process of cashing may take long). Payment should be made before the date of collection so that we can verify with the transaction history of our account issued by FNB. Please note that payment on the date of collection may result in passport/visa releasing declined.
- The applicant born in China who applies for Chinese visa for the first time with his or her new foreign passport is required to submit his or her Chinese passport or old foreign passport.
- The Embassy is entitled to request the applicant to provide other relevant documents or to reject the application in accordance with the Law and international practices.
- Applicants are required to check the documents carefully. You will bear all the responsibilities if you do not complete the visa application form truthfully.
- Applicants are urged to submit applications at least 7 days prior to departure for China to avoid delays. You must present the Pick-Up slip given by visa officials and proof of payments when you come to get your passport back.
- The Consulate General of The People’s Republic of China (Johannesburg) – All first time visa applicants require 3 months bank statements.
- Please note the Consulates in the different regions may ask for additional information.
- 1 entry visa R.450
- 2 entry visa R.580
- Multiple entry visa valid for 6 months R.700
- Multiple entry visa valid for one year R.950
- If the applicants want his/her visa on the following working day, other than the normal visa fee, an extra R250 rush fee per person will be charged or R170 for collection on the third working day. Only with the consent of the Embassy can it be expedited but you are required to pay extra rush fees.
- Jnb/ Pry/ Cpt/ Dur:- cash deposit or bank transfer into the Consulate account in FNB /Nebank (Cash payment not accepted) Please note only the Consulate of Cape Town banks with Nedbank. Payment must be made before the date of collection so that they can verify with the transaction history issued by FNB/Nedbank. Account details will only be issued when application is logged.
single-entry (valid for 3 months)
A refund will not be available if the application is withdrawn or refused. Cheques are not accepted. The offices are not responsible for any mishandling of mail by post or any other services.
Delay: 4-5 working days from the date of the application.
One completely filled out visa application form; all blanks on the application form should be filled in with genuine information;
One recently taken 2X2 inch photo showing entire face and without a hat on. Please affix the photo to the application form;
Original passport with at least 2 blank visa pages and valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of application.
The latest 3 months bank statements showing proof of adequate money.
Tourist Visa “L” type (Including Basic requirements)
- Applicants are requested to provide proof of accommodation.
- A letter of confirmation from a Chinese travel service or a local travel service.
- Applicants who will visit relatives in China should present proof of kinship, ID copy of relatives in China and return air tickets booking.
- Round – trip ticket booking.
Business Visa “F” type (Including Basic requirements)
Qualified original invitation & guarantee letter with signature and stamp from the applicant’s sponsor and business partner in China. The letter should state clearly applicant’s name, position and passport number, applicant’s company name, address and telephone number, purpose of visit, duration of stay and specific itinerary in China;
Qualified original introduction letter with the full name, title, date & signature of the issuing person from applicant’s company. The letter should state clearly applicant’s name, present occupation and position in the company, purpose of the visit, intended duration of stay, city intended to visit, name and address of applicant’s business partner in China, items and quantity of goods planned to order and purchase.
Round – trip ticket booking.
Requirements for multiple-entry visa: a letter or fax from the authorized Chinese department or company or organization together with a letter of introduction from your company. Otherwise, a proof of being a regular visitor to China is needed, such as previous Chinese visas.
Transit Visa “G” type (Including Basic requirements)
Applicants are requested to provide a valid visa of the destination country and an onward airline ticket.
Original introduction letter from applicant’s company to state clearly the purpose of trip to the visiting country.
Days Closed Public Holidays 2012: 2, 23, 24 Jan/ 21Mar/ 4, 27 Apr/ 1 May/ 24 Sep/ 1, 2, 3 Oct/ 17, 25, 26 Dec
- Office Hours Pretoria : 08h30-12h00 Mon – Fri
- Johannesburg: 08h30-12h00 Mon – Fri
- Cape Town: 08h30-12h00 Mon – Fri
- Durban: 08h30-12h00 Mon – Fri